Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Half-Nymphs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:16 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
Background

“How are you my love?” said Sarmin, a Elven Cleric. A woman walked out of the water towards him, with a blue skin and blue hair. The Nymph's name was Amrellia, a Nymph with a beauty known throughout all the seas, and a sister of the leader of the Nymph Capital of Aquaos. “I am fine Sarmin... But my sister does not want a "surface elf" in her family...” Sarmin slightly nods when he heard her say that. “Yet she has too... Our child is growing inside you...” said Sarmin and smiled full of proud. “Indeed... I love you so much Sarmin... But what about my sister? I need water, and she controls the waters around here.” Amrellia looked around her, over the mighty seas she lived in, and then looked in the concerned face of her love Sarmin. “Let's go to my room in Aquaos shall we? I can keep you hidden.” Sarmin smiled at the idea of Amrellia. She was always the adventurous type, and he thought her sister wouldn't dare to attack him. He was well known in Tyran after all.

He followed his love in the waters, and Amrellia took his hand and pulled him underwater. She kept holding his hand, and soon Sarmin felt the well known feeling of very fast swimming. He closed his eyes, and thought of Amrellia. She was so caring that Amrellia... And he wasn't even speaking of her beauty... He was lucky to be in the company of such a woman, not even speaking of her love for him. She was so happy when she told him that she was pregnant of a child, his child. He wondered what it would look like. Like the mother or the father? He would love a boy, but Amrellia would love a daughter... Amrellia and him were so different, but still they loved eachother. He was disturbed in his thoughts when he felt that they stopped swimming. When he opened his eyes, he looked over the last remaining city of Nymph's, Aquaos. Only small communities were still left beside that city, but those communities were different Nymph's then the ones in this city... They were more seducing and aggressive, used to attacks from surface dwellers. He looked in the eyes of Amrellia, and he swum towards the magical barrier of Aquaos that kept the water outside. He gasped for air and looked around him, to the little stores selling all kinds of sea food. He looked at the large bathhouse, for the small little Nymph's that were not yet allowed to travel outside the barrier. A shade suddenly fell over him, and he looked behind him, and saw a large swordfish with a Spear on his back outside the barrier, and he shivered when he saw the flickering diamond teeth from the Spearshark. The Spears of Aquaos were the strongest Nymph's found in Aquaos, and, at rare times, serve as the army of Aquaos. He smiled at the thought that instead of Spearsharks they had horses on the surface, and how it would be like when they had a pair of teeth like the sharks. He looked at Amrellia again and she smiled back with a warm and seductive smile. “You like it here don't you?” she said grinning. “You are the most beautiful of course but the city isn't bad.” he answered laughing. She smiled at Sarmin, and grabbed his hand and ran towards the large palace, known as the Pearl among the Nymph's from Aquaos, and dragged Sarmin with her. Amrellia nodded slightly at the Hands, a special force of the Spears securing the Pearl, when they walked under the large arch covered with beautiful drawings about Nymph's beating huge sea monsters or powerful Sea Mistresses, the highest position that could be found in Aquaos. They walked towards her room, and carefully looked around every corner if they saw the current Sea Mistress, the sister of Amrellia. They reached their room safely, and jumped on Amrellia's bed laughing. They looked in each others eyes and started kissing each other. But then...

A woman, dressed in full plate and with a large trident on her shoulder, walks through the grand halls of the Pearl, her home. She is followed by two large elder Water Elementals, guarding her from outsiders. The woman is mad... “Where is that damned little sister of mine? I hope she is not with that stupid surface Elf. I hate seeing an Aquatic Elf marrying with my sister, but she needs to marry with a normal Elf! Is she crazy? Does she not know that they are only in for our beauty and riches?” she shouted, and walked furiously towards the room of Amrellia. She stood in front of the doors, and opened the door, and gasped for air for what she saw inside. She saw the two, her sister and that Elf, holding each other kissing and hugging. She roared and stepped inside, and looked at her sister and said : “Did I not warn you?” I said that elf is not wanted in our realm!

Amrellia looked scared at her sister in the entrance of her room, and shouted back: “I love him! We love each other!” She stept out of her bed, and grabbed for her long sword, known as the Pearl of the Sea, a mighty weapon. It was given to her to her at birth, and she preferred the Pearl above any other weapon. Eneralia, the name of the sister of Amrellia, looked at the drawn sword of Amrellia, and then back at the face of her sister. “You dare to threaten me? Leave! And quick before I call the Hands traitor!” she shouted. Amrellia looked furiously at her sister, and knew this would mean the end of Sarmin if she would lower her weapon. She looked at Sarmin, into his eyes, and smiled at him. She then looked back at her sister, who now also had her large trident in a stance to block attacks. But suddenly, after thinking of the best tactic to beat her sister Amrellia, Eneralia ran towards her sister with her trident drawn. Amrellia dove out of the way, and looked at her sister's raging eyes. She blocked an attack from her sister Eneralia and then thrusted deep in the heart of Eneralia. Eneralia moaned loud of pain, and screamed. She then gasped for air, and fell on the ground, dead. Amrellia looked at her sister lying on the ground dead, and a tear rolled out of her eye. She then looked in the eyes of Sarmin, and she realised this would mean her end in Aquaos... She and Sarmin would both be executed, probably fed to the giant octopus not far away in that dark cavern. A slow and dark death in other words. She quickly grabbed the few belongings she had in her bedroom, and nodded at Sarmin. “Let's go Sarmin... We will die if we stay here” she whispered and looked outside. Sarmin, still shocked by what happened, slowly nodded, and grabbed his loved bow, sheathed his small kukri, and equipped his enchanted leather armour, a gift from his mentor for completing his training as a Cleric of Ath'endal'lynn. He preferred to stay in light armour because he travelled a lot in the woods of Tyran, as well the coasts, where he met Amrellia sitting on a high cliff called the Morningview, one of his favourite's spots. He sighed, and looked at Amrellia still looking out of the door of her room. “I'm ready.” he said.

They ran, quick yet quiet. And when they stepped through the large archway, they heard a loud horn, and Amrellia looked concerned, and whispered: “We have to go now... They have found the body. Quick!” They ran towards the exit of Aquaos, and escaped. They were gone before the Spears or the Hands noticed, and were safe... But were they? After that they have reached the surface again they quickly travelled deep in the Netherford forest and stayed there near a gentle stream where Amrellia could lay in when she desired for water. Amrellia gave birth to a beautiful daughter, and named her Amrawen, which means 'Nature's pearl' in the language of Mermen. This was the first daughter.

It is not known if Amrellia and Sarmin had any other daughters or sons, but there are rumours. Maybe time will tell... It is for sure that there are no other Half-Nymph families then the one of Amrellia and Sarmin, because the next Sea Mistress made the barrier of Aquaos impossible to breach by surface dwellers. ((This is just to keep the whole half-nymph idea special and rare.))

Being a half-Nymph

Restrictions
1) Half-Nymph is an Elf sub-race because the father of the Half-Nymph's, Sarmin.
2) You have to be a daughter/son of Amrellia and Sarmin.
3) Evil is not allowed. How do you want to be evil if you have to respect Nature? Neutral is preferred

Appearance
Always beautiful to behold, a blue tinted skin can be done, or somewhat browner skin, again, from their parents. Because Sarmin had red hair, and Amrellia blue hair, you can choose either of them, but you can always chose different hair colours.

Gods
Because the Nymph's are magical creatures, they can never turn their backs on Draxil. Also they love water, and for that Ath'endal'lynn, Mother of the Nature and Balance. Because of their beauty, some half-Nymph's like to worship Verinia, goddess of Beauty and Love. They must have Ath'endal'lynn and/or Draxil as a second Goddess/God though.

Personality: All half-Nymph's love the water, for that is where they came from, and hold respect for Nature. They can not defile Nature, for that would defile their own background... Most Half-Nymph's have things from the parents. They love jokes, something Sarmin had a lot, and they are seductive and beautiful to behold, something they have received from their mother Amrellia.

Common skills: ((note: these are only rp skills))

1) They can breathe underwater for hours, but Balance has to stay in order to stay Half-Nymph's (read the part below about that)
2) The fully trained Half-Nymph ((lvl 20)) can speak with Water Elementals. ((this cannot be used IG to get information about for example Dark Knights battle plans. Only if the opposite side agrees with such a thing, it is allowed, but still, Water Elementals are not very good sneakers now are they?

Familiars and companions

Most Half-Nymph's prefer Ice Mephits and Pixies, Fire Mephits are not used, because Half-Nymph's prefer to stay away from fire. Fire weapons are allowed, especially among the more ruthless Half-Nymph, because they love to see somebody screaming of pain of something they hate

Companions are all allowed, except if they have anything to do with fire.

Classes

All are allowed, if you chose to be a Cleric, Water Domain is recommended, for extra rp reasons

The Balance of the Half-Nymph

The Balance of the Half-Nymph can be easily understood. If you stay too long on the land you will bend towards the Elf side of your heart. That will make the Half-Nymph feel sick because the other half of their heart is actually Water itself, and staying out of water will let the Water-half "dry" out. But, staying in the water too long will make the half-Nymph bend over to the Nymph side, which results in being unable to stay out of water very long, as well fearing fire more then anything.

My Blog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
Other Races (playable if so stated)

The Ageless Kin
Breathstealers
Bugbears
Conception, Gestation and Maturation Across the Species
Erri’l
Gobley: Language of goblins and hobgoblins
Half-Celestial (playable race)
Celestial Races Revisited
Half-Demons (playable race)
Half-Dragon (playable race)
Half-Nymphs (playable race)
History of Languages
History of the Yuan-Ti
Hook Horrors
The Githzerai
The Illithids
Kitsune
Llith
The Lupinal
Lycanthropes (playable race)
The History of Lycanthropy
Master Trees and Barklings
Merfolk
Minotaurs of Caenyr
The Pedryfan’elfen
Ri’asa (playable race)
Sea Siren
The Sidhe
Spirit Folk
Unique Undead of Etaria
Vampyre (Playable race)
Wemic

My Blog

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]