Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Tale of Ascension
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

GSID: Waterjules
Name of Main PC: Laurel Dy'ness
"It has now been 1112 years to the day, when our lady Cerestra would fall in defence of my kin, and her ascension be made....a day I and my ancestors before me have sworn never to forget.

An ambitious warlord by the name of Abaron, hailing from the northern reaches of the Atharthok desert had gathered the numerous nomadic tribes under one banner, and ruled the northern wastes with an iron fist.

But in time, there was little else to be had from the region. Travellers shunned the area, as caravans carrying supplies and wealth along trade routes were routinely ambushed and slain. Riches in the region grew slim as the caravans began to travel through the area less and less, the opportunities for plunder diminishing with them. With nothing to lose, and an army of unrest beneath him, Abaron designed a plot, which was little more than a desperate gamble. Marching his army across the deserts, he disguised his legions as a travelling caravan bearing trade and wealth to gain free access to his next area of conquest...Tyran.

Abaron had heard of the wealth and splendor of this region, and thought the people within to be weak...softened by easy life in the lush grasslands around them. Promising his horde riches and lands beyond any they had ever dreamed, Abaron whipped the horde into an anxious fury and they descended on the lands of Tyran like a swarm of locusts, burning and pillaging everything in sight.

When word of the invasion finally reached Cerestra's ears, they had already plundered much of the outer realm. Mustering her forces, Cerestra lead out her legions, knowing not what to expect. When finally they came into sight of the raiding hordes, there was little doubt that they were outnumbered...BADLY. The logical course of action dictated they fall back to high ground and await the return of the patrolling forces which were elsewhere, engaged in their daily duties of law enforcement. But as chance would have it, a temple to her lord, Tyllar, stood alone in the path of the raiding horde.

Refusing to allow the invaders to defile the temple gates, Cerestra spurred on her steed, leading her legions to the temple, where they would make their stand against them. Cerestra's army formed a wall around the temple, and waited for the closing army to befall them.

The head priest of this temple was my ancestor...Tyrion Cour De'Lion. Turning to him with desperation, she bid him to flee, and turned to face the charging horde. With the horde nearly upon them, Cerestra waded into them, her blade flashing as it cut through the invaders one by one.

Fighting valiantly, she ensured the escape of all who were inside the temple...save my ancestor, Tyrion, who refused to let the noble hero perish on his account. The numbers of the horde had been reduced drastically as the battle wore on, the holy fury displayed by Cerestra and her company doing proud the order she served, but alas...they were still too many. Tyrion watched helplessly as it happened, unable to cut through the attackers quickly enough to reach her in time. The first blow struck her left leg, the axe of her enemies digging deeply into her flesh. But she did not relent. Falling to a knee, she battled on, skewering the rogue with a thrust of her blade. The second blow struck her right arm, as the flails of another of the now 5 attackers whipped about her. Drawing a dagger she hurled it at her assailant, sending him screaming to the gates of Mor'tep, as the third and final blow came from the mace wielding Abaron himself, who had stalked up behind her.

As our lady fell, the battle horns of the order of light blazed across the field, the re-enforcements which had been sent for, at last arriving to drive the invaders off. The tide had turned, and the horde was in full retreat. Now safe, and with no need to flee, Tyrion rushed to the side of the fallen woman who had so selflessly given her life in the defence of the temple and those within, desperately trying to revive her with his limited magical skill....but it was too late. Her life had now faded to far away to be restored. Drawing a knife, he cut a single lock of hair from her brow, that he might remember she who had saved his life, and the lives of his friends.

It is then said that a blinding light bathed the field, knocking Tyrion back and sending him into unconsciousness. It has been speculated that then Tyllar himself appeared to take the fallen Cerestra into his arms, reviving her from deaths icy grasp, and returning her life. He spoke to her and gave praise of her selflessness, a single tear rolling from his cheek, and with a thunderous voice he uttered the words of magic unfamiliar to this world, bestowing upon her the gift of immortality. Cerestra's body then became illuminate...as bright as any star in the night sky, her spirit taking flight as it left the mortal realm to join the immortal ranks of the gods. And with little more than a sudden flash...they were gone.

To this day I and those whom are of my line have related this tale to all who would hear it, passing it down throughout the ages, to each coming generation. A tradition my offspring will carry on to their offspring."

My Blog

Last edited by Laurel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spelling errors corrected.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

More Mysterious and Religious Writings:

The Ageless Kin
History of the Ancients
The Blood of the Fold
Celessa, the Streams and Celestial Races Information regarding half-Celestials
Celestial Races Revisited
The Children of Hate
The Complete Works of Agren : Champion of Raekhan
The Creation
Dracolytes
Dreams
The Encyclopedia of Everything Magic
The Fallen Plane and the Dark Knights
The Gods and the Dark Knights
Half-Bebilith (Half-Demon Subtype)
Heart of Zenegral (The Great Wyrm)
Legend of the Aryan Tree
The Legend of the Frozen Soul
The Legend of Soulblighter
Libris Arcanum - The Tome of Magic
The Llith
Master Trees and Barklings
Moons of Caenyr
Necropolises
The Nightmare
Nilah Mirshann
On Dreams
On Orcs: The Turgma and the Har’akla
The Planes of Caenyr
The Psalms of Melivar
Rentop’s Journal
The Seven Faces
The Spirit Folk
Staff of Fury
Star Stories
Tale of Ascension
Tellers of Tales
Thanathos and The Circle of Erebus
Tome of the Fallen Mount
Unique Undead of Etaria
Valinor’s Tooth
Vhestij
The Whispering Lake
The Witch Masters

My Blog

Last edited by Laurel on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:18 pm 
WoC Architect
WoC Architect

Guilds of Caenyr and their Deeds:

The Dread Talon
Famous Keepers of Zenegral
History of the Horde
Isaac’s Lament
Itheril-Keeper Wars
History of the Keepers of Zenegral
The King’s Royal Lancers
Leaders of the Arcanum - A History
The Link of the Black Hand
The Midnight Company
Order of the Celestial Sword
The Pasillo Magnus
The Reaper: Blessed Scythe of Luindil Dy'ness
The Recorded History of the Disciples of the Jade Dragon
History of the Righteous
The Sacred Cloak of Zenegral
The Search for the Heir
Sever:Legendary Blade of the Horde
Tale of Ascension
Tales of the Thieves of the Torn Shadows

My Blog

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]